About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Hello there !! I'm glad you found my blog :-). I'm Nithya & my very close friends call me Nithu. I started this blog back in 2007, when my daughter Divya was born & I christened it " Divya KuttyzKitchen". I'm blessed with a handsome little guy too. My precious two kept me busy for quite these years, its Feb 2014 and I realized my blog needed some serious uplift, So here I am back to blogging. I use my iPhone for clickin & uploadin the pictures in my blog.I know its needs improvement. Let's just say, I'm just happy the way they are for now & when I do find time, I might improve on it. I also own an Etsy store, where I sell my handmade Soap bars, Cupcake soaps, Body butter, Body scrub, Lip balms & more... I plan on adding a few more Categories to my blog like Kiddie food, Travel, Soap making, Crafts etc..

Friday, April 4, 2014

Valaka varuval - spicy fried plantains - side dish for yogurt rice or sambar rice

Ingredients :
Raw plantains -2
Oil - 5-6 spoonfuls as needed ( pan fried as you would fry fishes)
Chilli powder - 1 spoon
Coriander powder - 3/4 spoon
Turmeric powder - 1/4 spoon
Hing - 2 pinches
Curry leaves - 4-5
Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 spoon
Yogurt - 1 spoon
Salt - as needed.



Procedure:
1. Slice each plantain  into 3 pieces.
2. Cover & cook them in a pan with water.
3. When half done. Drain water, slice them thick.
4. Mix all the ingredients with the cut plantains.
5. Set aside 30 mins.
6. Pan fry them just as you would fry fishes adding oil as needed.
7. Remove from Pan when done.